The work week comes at you fast, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice having a dinner that is tasty and nutritious. If you’ve got fifteen minutes and one baking sheet, you can get a delicious meal on the table for your family!
One of my favorite one-pan meals combines succulent jerk chicken breast with brown sugar glazed seasonal vegetables. I swear by this recipe because you can make so many variations and it’s no fuss but tastes like a day’s work!
- Chicken Breast
- Brussel Sprouts
- Tri-Color ( Red, Green, Yellow) Bell Peppers
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Red Onion
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- Tarragon Leaves
- Baking Sheet
- Marinate chicken in Caribbean Jerk Marinade for at least two hours (I like to toss the chicken breast and marinade in a Ziploc and set in fridge before I leave for work).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and while it’s heating, wash, dry and cut your veggies.
- Coat veggies with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, brown sugar, and salt and pepper to taste then set aside on your baking sheet.
- Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, cumin and tarragon. Place on baking sheet with the veggies.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (until juices from the chicken breast run clear).
Note: This is the recipe that made me a believer in brussel sprouts, so give it a try if you have a fussy eater in your family! If not, feel free to substitute with any veggies that you like and are in season. The marinade that I use is KC Masterpiece Caribbean Jerk Marinade. Enjoy!